Thursday, October 13, 2011
I don't know about you but I just could NOT believe Deryl's last post. WOW! One thing he has committed to me and God and the girls is to be humble and be an open book. And he has kept his word. Ladies, I am not saying because I have compassion and love for him and I have forgiven him that I now trust him. The damage has been done and will take time to repair. But he is not looking to me and how he can fulfill MY needs. Rather, he is looking to the only one who can ever fully meet our needs and that is God and God alone. And you know what? It takes so much pressure off of me! And I am not looking for him to meet MY needs either. If we look to our spouse to meet our needs they will always disappoint. It is exactly like viewing porn. When you view porn, afterwards the feeling is empty and futile. It is the same way if you are always looking to your spouse to meet your needs. GOD wants to meet your needs!!!! And when he does there is NOTHING empty and futile about it!
So yeah, there are just SO many things I could write about. But I take each post VERY seriously. I know there are people who will read this post who fall into one of the following categories.
- A person who suspects his/her spouse is viewing porn and/or having explicit sexual encounters
- A person who is currently losing the battle in fighting this terrible addiction
- A person who is addicted and has no idea of the collateral damage on everyone they come into contact with
- A person who has absolutely NO idea whatsoever that their spouse or significant other is heavily involved in porn
- People who see absolutely nothing wrong with viewing porn at all
Here is the prayer and at the end I will post all the scriptures I have claimed this year. Please feel free to share our blog with as many people as possible!! Pray this prayer or one you make yourself EVERY day even more so on the days you think you can't. We can't pray for someone and be mad at them for very long.
Prayer
Lord, there is nothing I can do to save DERYL. I believe that YOU are good and merciful and desire to bring DERYL victory. I appeal to Your lovingkindness to help him in his great need. Break the power of darkness over Deryl's life. Break the power sexual pleasure has over him. Make all flesh repulsive to him, except mine. Give him the gift of repentance. Put a strong hedge of protection around him that will prick him sharply and quickly anytime he gets out of your will. Make EVERY illicit sexual experience he has seem empty and futile. Take away the importance sex has in his life. Diminish his need for illicit sexual behavior. Break the stronghold of pride and arrogance and replace it with a spirit of humility. Increase his desire for the things of God. Give him a sight of Calvary and all that the cross means. Fill him with the spirit of holiness. Give him a hunger & thirst for righteousness. Meet the deepest needs of his heart, Lord. Fill the void of his heart with Yourself. Make the mercy of God real to him and the blood of Jesus his very life. Give him a heart of compassion for the people he takes advantage of in his mind. Let him always see that that could be one of his daughters. Give him a grateful heart Lord. Give him the desire to lay down his life for his wife and family. I entrust him to you, O God, and I believe You to do everything possible to save his soul and bring him to completeness in Christ.
Lord, put YOUR thoughts in Deryl's mind. Let DERYL come to the end of himself and experience anguish over his sin. Let him see the reality of his sin. Let him live in true surrender and submission to you. Let his soul and his flesh long for you! Let him see clearly how Satan has blinded him and let him long to be free from it.
Bind our hearts together. Lord, I know what you have brought together no man or woman can separate! Lord, let Deryl truly feel and realize the pain he has put me and the girls through because of this selfish sin. Purge the love of evil and lust of the flesh from the deepest part of his being. Fill him with meekness & humility.
Let Deryl realize clearly any wrong thinking he has. Lead him to the cross...to YOUR truth! Permeate his thinking. Holy Spirit, point out to him clearly how he has gotten off track. Let Deryl's hard shell of self be delivered a powerful blow. Open his hardened heart and soften it.
Lord, in Jesus name I pray that you would always expose any secret sin DERYL might be involved in and set me free from my life-dominating fear. Please take this most devastating situation and make it as though nothing had ever happened!
Lord, I pray that you would allow me to see the true fruits of repentance in DERYL.
Scriptures to claim
Ecc 10:4b
A quiet spirit can overcome even great mistakes.
Psalm 5:8
Lead me in the right path, O Lord...tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn.
Psalm 10:17-18
Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will listen to their cries and comfort them. You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so people can no longer terrify them.
Psalm 25:4-5
Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Psalm 32:8
I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
Proverbs 20:27
The Lord's light penetrates the human spirit, exposing every hidden motive.
Deuteronomy 31:8
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.
2 Samuel 22:29
You are my lamp O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 34:18, 19
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (19) A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 143:7-8
Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I’ll lift up my soul.
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 34:4
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:17-18
The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from ALL their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken hearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:17-18
Blessings chase the righteous!! Prov 13:21
Speak the following out every day over yourself. Or come up with your own affirmations. It will help keep your mind from the downward spiral we all can go down if we let our thoughts rule us.
Aggressively expect good things! I make good decisions, and I am a valuable person with a great future.... Something good is going to happen to me today.
DARE TO BELIEVE!!!!! God, I am asking you to do something big in my life today!!!!!!!
I CAN HANDLE THIS!!!! God has already given me the strength I need to get through this!!
God is a God of INCREASE!!
God, give me a special anointing to accomplish the things you want me to accomplish. Lord, give me far and beyond FAVOR!!
SURELY goodness & mercy follow me ALL the days of my life!!
Rest in ME, MY Child. Give your mind a rest from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into
the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of my hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My child! Remembrance of Me is daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day.
Lord, I ask you in Jesus name to control my mind; to bless me with life and peace. I ask you right now to transform all my trials into blessings.
0 comments:
Post a Comment