BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 2, 2012

Who's your healer?

She says....

Let's just be honest, okay? Is God REALLY your healer? I mean, if we really thought HE was our healer, why would we even have to go up for prayer or fill out a prayer request or get on a prayer chain. If we really and truly thought HE was our healer wouldn't we just stand on his word and proclaim it? It wouldn't take some pastor or lay person, right?

But in most cases, I believe, we look to man. We go to the pastor or someone who in "our" eyes "fits the bill". They are "good enough" or "spiritual enough". In our eyes they are righteous. So we turn to them, really borrowing THEIR faith for OUR miracle. It is my opinion that we do this to our spouses non-stop.

You might be wondering where all this came from. Well, as my husband and I walk out our journey of healing, I realize that I am guilty of doing this. Rather than turn to the Lord, I turn to him. I mean, he has skin on, know what I mean? I can look him in the eye, he can show me emotion, he can make me feel good or bad. And in these moments, I lose complete sight of God.

I KNOW I am not alone in this. Have YOU ever gone to your husband and poured your soul out to him with tears streaming down your face as you tell how hurt you are? Then he says all the "right things" and you just have those reassurances that you need to get through one more day. This all feels wonderful, I myself well know. But I have come to realize that each and every single time, my husband falls WAY short. Because he CANNOT meet my needs. He can meet some of them but on a spiritual level it is impossible. When I get all caught up in HIM meeting my needs and him showing me love and comfort, I will be disappointed each and every single time.

Somewhere along the line, I started looking to him rather than to God. Somehow, I stopped surrendering my husband to God. I stopped surrendering EVERYTHING to God. I think it is CRUCIAL that we learn to look to God to comfort us. Our spouse cannot fill this need. Oh maybe temporarily, maybe in some small ways. But as long as we look to our spouse to discover who we really are we will be let down.

We must turn to God. We must surrender all to him. We must get on track and stop making our spouses accountable for our right behavior. When we do this, I believe God will be SO very faithful in showing us how much HE loves and cares for us. I believe he will show us clearly what to do according to HIS word. Then, we can rest in him. Surrender your ALL to him. Stop making your spouse meet all your needs and let your heavenly father meet them. I promise, your marriage will turn around the moment you start to do this!!!!

0 comments: